Jamaican Menu includes a variety of dishes that exhibit a mixture of cooking techniques, spices and flavor adopted from the people who lived in the island for decades. The Island has always been a rich source of fresh seafood, due to its location. Jamaican food has a fantastic sweet and savory taste. Spices that are used liberally in Jamaican cuisine include nutmegs, ginger, bonnet pepper and thyme. Check out for some real Jamaican food that can give a soul satisfying feeling.
Breakfast Jamaican Menu Ideas:
· Ackee and Salt Fish - a traditional Jamaican breakfast item prepared with dried saltfish, fresh ackees, onions, black pepper, thyme, tomatoes, garlic, bacon, hot chili pepper and sweet pepper.
· Fried Dumpling and Salt Fish - enjoy the taste of Jamaican classic salt fish stew with golden puffed dumplings prepared from flour, salt and butter.
· Callaloo - a Jamaican vegetable steamed with onions and peppers. Cleaned callaloos in the dish are cooked on medium flame along with dried thyme leaves, bonnet pepper, onions, tomatoes, garlic cloves and served hot as a healthy nutritious breakfast item.
· Banana Porridge - best and nutritious way to start your day; peeled and grated green bananas in the dish are mixed with flour, milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cooked on low heat until it becomes thick in consistency.
Lunch and Dinner Jamaican Menu Ideas:
· Jamaican Fried Jerk Fish - tasty Jamaican side dish prepared from small fish or filets are cooked with mix jerk seasoning and mushroom soy sauce.
· Jamaican Escoveitch Fish - Fish fillets are marinated with lime, flour and fried in oil before they are served with a sauce prepared from vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, onion rings and other spices.
· Simple Jamaican Rice and Peas - a mouth savoring Jamaican dish where rice is cooked on low heat along with onions, garlic, thyme, coconut milk, beans and bonnet pepper.
· Jamaican Chicken Curry - a spicy, yet tasty Jamaican dish featuring chicken breast, tomatoes, onions, Jamaican style curry powder, garlic and thyme.
Dessert Jamaican Menu Ideas:
· Blue Drawers - traditional Jamaican dessert where cornmeal is wrapped in a piece of banana leaf before it is cooked. The other ingredients used in the dish are brown sugar, cinnamon powder, coconut milk, vanilla extract and nutmeg.
· Toto - yummy dessert prepared from flour, grated coconut, milk, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and egg.
· Jamaican Rum Cake - scrumptious dessert that has been staple in Jamaican weddings and other occasions. The ingredients used in the dessert are raisins, nutmeg, red wine, white wine, flour, egg, sugar, butter , rose water and vanilla extract.
Jamaican menu is all about taste and flavor – do not miss out the foods from the region.