Is It Safe To Eat Cinnamon During Pregnancy?
Nutritional And Health Benefits Of Cinnamon Consumption During Pregnancy:
- Cinnamon has proven effects as an anti-diabetic food and thereby helps in maintaining blood sugar levels and prevents gestational diabetes.
- It lowers cholesterol levels and is highly helpful in preventing cardiac problems.
- As a carminative, it aids in digestion and helps in alleviating diarrhea.
- Its anti-inflammatory action helps in reducing joint pain during pregnancy and prevents arthritis.
- Cinnamon is also a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium which aids in proper growth and development of the fetus.
- It has great effects against stress related headaches and migraines during pregnancy.
- The aromatic components of cinnamon aid in eliminating bad breadth and tooth pain too.
Side Effects Of Cinnamon Consumption During Pregnancy:
- Large doses of cinnamon can trigger skin rashes and people who are allergic towards cinnamon may develop severe allergic reactions like anaphylactic shocks.
- It may even aggravate heartburn or indigestion in pregnant women.
- It may even act as an uterine stimulant in high doses which is hazardous during pregnancy.
Cinnamons are one among the most preferred spices, mainly for its aromatic odor and special taste. But think twice and thrice before having it in large quantities during pregnancy or else have a word with your health care provider.
Image Credit: ifood.tv/photo