How To Wash Vegetables Clean
You might know how to wash vegetables clean – still our guide on washing vegetables clean will help you to ensure that you are doing it in the right way. You must have seen some real fancy vegetable cleaners in the stores – you do not need them always to clean your vegetables well. You just have to spend a few minutes to properly wash the vegetables. It is crucial to wash all vegetables so that you are able to wash away the chemical pesticides from these vegetables. Even some organic vegetables might be contaminated – hence you should wash all vegetables very well.
To wash your vegetables clean you will need:
• Plastic bowl which is large in size.
• Vegetable brush
• Plastic dish pan
• Baking soda or apple cider vinegar
• Get the large dish pan which you have kept aside for washing vegetables.
• Add cold water in this pan. You need to add enough water to submerge all the vegetables in it.
• Use apple cider vinegar or even baking soda for washing. If you choose apple cider vinegar – you will have to pour 3 table spoons of this vinegar in one gallon of water.
• If you use baking soda, you should sprinkle around 3 tablespoons of this soda in the water.
• You can now pour 2-3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide also in the water.
• You have to mix the water very well – keep it for 5 minutes.
• Add vegetables now in this water.
• Let all vegetables soak for ten minutes.
• You can use a scrub brush to remove existing dirt particles from the skin of the vegetables such as in case of carrots and potatoes.
Your vegetables will be completely clean if you follow the above steps.
More tips to clean your vegetables:
• You can fill your kitchen basin with water. Add some good quality cleaning solution to the water and soak all your vegetables in the water. After 30 minutes you need to change the water. If you find that the water is too much contaminated, you need to repeat the procedure. It is always recommended to repeat the process at least 3 times to ensure that the vegetables are completely clean.
• In case you find some oil based residues on the vegetables which are very difficult to remove just with the help of plain water, you can use a soft vegetable cleaner – this is a brush which is designed to keep vegetables clean. You will just need to stroke your brush well on the vegetables, so that oil or grime can be removed. Once you have used your brush, you can rinse the vegetables in cold water.
• Another easy way to ensure effective cleaning of vegetables is to keep the vegetables submerged in warm water for at least 30 minutes. This will ensure the killing of all bacteria and germs. Difficult and stubborn dirt and dust particles will also be removed from the vegetables very easily.