How To Store Coffee In Mylar Bags
Coffee is well known for its aroma and it is the aroma that is preserved while storing coffee. Storing coffee in Mylar bags helps to retain most of the flavors, oil and aroma that are otherwise lost. Learn how to store coffee in Mylar bags and enjoy every sip of your aromatic coffee everyday.
Why use Mylar Bag?
Mylar bags are air proof. Coffee loses its flavor when it is exposed to oxygen. Mylar bag prevents air, moisture and light from entering the bag thereby preserving your coffee safely.
Tips on how to store Coffee in Mylar Bags
- Fill Mylar bag with freshly roasted beans. Because the aroma will be best preserved in a Mylar bag, buy the freshest possible and store them. Storing lesser fresh beans will make no sense because the aroma would have been already lost.
- Squeeze the bag to remove all air and this is what Mylar bags are meant for. It prevents coffee beans from being exposed to air.
- Roll the bag from the bottom and the air will be removed.
- Seal the Mylar bag with the closure provided with it or use a rubber band to tie the opening.
- Keep the coffee bag into a refrigerator or freezer. Refrigerator will store the coffee for about a week, for long term storage use freezer.
A few steps followed for storing coffee in a Mylar bag will let you enjoy coffee to the fullest.
Image Courtesy: assets.theatlantic.com