How To Shred Ham
Some shredded ham in the refrigerator can calm your concerns of a quick meal after a long day at home. Shredded ham makes delicious fillers for rolls, sandwiches, pies, and makes excellent side dish when stir- fried, as topping on bagels, toasts etc. Read on for simple steps that can be followed to shred ham without much hassle…
Steps to Shred Ham
Place cooked ham on a flat tray. The ham can be shredded using a number of kitchen tools.
- Shredding with forks - Place cooked ham on a flat tray. Using two forks, gently shred ham.
- Using a food processor – A food processor with a shredder attachment can also be used for shredding ham. Just insert ham in the food chute of the food processor for even shredding of ham.
- Use knife and fork – Use the knife to hold the ham stable while gently pulling way meat with the fork.
- Using meat tenderizer – Beat ham placed on a cutting board with the meat tenderizer to shred it completely.
- Shred ham and return it to the pot or fire for further cooking. This would render the shredded pieces moist and soft.
- Use pieces of ham immediately or alternately, store in airtight freezer containers or zip-lock bags in the refrigerator for use later on.
Watch the video to pick up some more tips on how to shred ham:
Shred ham at home and use it to make delicious recipes for friends and family.
Video credit: youtube.com/