How To Shred Cheddar Cheese
Cheddar cheese is a hard cheese and hence shredding it easy. A hand held cheese grater is ideal if you need small quantities of grated cheese for garnishing pizzas etc. However, a blender can be used for shredding it if larger quantities are required. Read on to learn both ways of shredding cheddar cheese…
Steps to Shred Cheddar Cheese with a Manual Cheese Grater
- Place cheese blocks in the refrigerator for about 20minutes prior to grating it. This would make it firm and shredding would be easier.
- Hold the cheese block with the dominant hand and with the other hand hold the cheese grater over a plate or a bowl.
- Run cheese block over the metal rivets of the grater to get shredded cheese ribbons on the plate/bowl.
- Continue to do this until cheese block is completely grated.
Steps to Shred Cheddar Cheese in a Blender
- Cut cheese into small cubes and then refrigerate for about 60 minutes. Hard cheese would get shredded in a blender unlike the soft ones that may become a paste.
- Place cheddar cheese cubes into the blender and close the lid.
- Use the pulse setting in short bursts to shred cheddar cheese into smaller pieces.
- Transfer cheddar cheese into a small bowl and use as desired.
Learn how to shred cheddar cheese at home save your money by buying whole cheese than shredded ones from the market.