How To Peel Pumpkin
So, what if there was a step-by-step information guide giving instruction on how to peel pumpkin? Well worry not, because here we will provide you with information on all the methods of peeling pumpkin.
How to peel pumpkin
There are many ways to do it.
How to peel pumpkin using knife
- Take the pumpkin and wash it well to remove dirt.
- Place the pumpkin on a chopping board or clean surface and using the knife, cut off the stem of the pumpkin. For that, insert the knife into the top of the pumpkin near the stem and move the knife in a circular motion, till you cut off the stem portion completely. Remove the stem and discard it.
- Now using the knife, cut the pumpkin into half.
- Remove the seeds using a spoon or just scrape them off with knife’s tip. Discard them.
- Cut the pumpkin halves into slices.
- Place the slice on the chopping board, flesh side facing up. Take the knife and insert it in between the peel of the pumpkin and its flesh.
- Start moving the knife from the top to bottom.
- You can also divide this procedure into two parts, working from top till the middle part of the pumpkin and then pulling out the knife and repeating the process by working from bottom to the centre point.
- Take out the flesh from the shell and discard the shell.
- Repeat the process to peel the rest of the pumpkin slices.
How to peel pumpkin the easy way
- Take the pumpkin, clean it and cut it into pieces of around 5-inches each.
- Now place these pieces on a baking sheet and cover them with foil.
- Now bake these pieces in the microwave at 375 degrees till they become soft and tender.
- Take out from the microwave.
- Let them cool for a while.
- Now using a spoon just scoop out the flesh from the shells.
- This method however will come in handy only if you want pumpkin puree.
- You can also steam the pumpkin for around 10 minutes or so. The flesh and the skin will become a bit soft. Take care not to overdo the steaming so as to reduce the flesh to pulp like consistency. Then, remove the peel by hand.
- If the pumpkin shell is tender, as in the case of young pumpkins, then you can remove the peel by using a vegetable peeler. Just cut it into pieces and use the peeler on each of the pieces to remove the shell.
Take care while using knife or peeler on pumpkin skin, as you may cut your hand.
You know how to peel pumpkin so use it to make anything you want to.
Image credit: ifood.tv