How to Make Yeast Free Bread?
For making yeast free bread, you need the following ingredients:
• Cornmeal – 1 cup
• Egg – 1
• Baking Powder – 1 Teaspoon
• Salt – 1 Teaspoon
• Shortening – 1 Tablespoon
• Water – 1 Cup
• Baking Oven
• Bread Pan for Baking
• Measuring Cups and Spoons
Yeast free breads can be made in just a few minutes. Just follow these simple steps listed below and get that perfectly browned, soft and delicious bread:
• Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
• Take a pan and add the cup of water to it. Place it on high flame so that the water boils well.
• Take a mixing bowl and add the cornmeal, salt and shortening to it. Mix well to form a smooth mixture.
• Now, add the boiling water to this mixture gradually and mix well. Continue to add the water till a paste-like consistency is formed.
• Once a smooth mixture is created, add the egg and the baking powder to it. Keep mixing to form a smooth paste. Check if the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl or not. If it doesn’t then you know that the mixing is perfect!
• Take the bread pan and grease it with some shortening or butter.
• Now, place the mixture on the bread pan.
• Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
There are different reasons why yeast free breads are preferred in today’s age. Some people may be allergic to yeast while others may suffer from yeast infections and other side effects of yeasts. Hence, for them, avoiding yeasts becomes a necessity. Yeasts feed on sugar and hence, more often than not, bread containing yeasts also contain sugar. Therefore, for people who simply want to keep a watch on their sugar intake, yeast free breads are a great option. At the same time, making yeast free breads doesn’t need much time, as you can make them instantly, not having to wait for the yeast to rise. This in turn makes the whole bread-making process absolutely effortless. For the people with a hectic schedule and busy lifestyle, yeast free breads are therefore, not just a time-saving option, but also one that leads them to a healthier lifestyle. Thus, learn how to make yeast free breads at home and unlock your dietary world to a low-cost, time-saving, healthier living.
Photo Courtesy: bakersclub.com.au