How to make rice crispy?- The crackling crunch
Rice is the staple diet of the Asians (Indian, Chinese, and Japanese etc) and it adds variety when cooked, baked or fried in different ways. And well, if you have been wondering as to how to make rice crispy, to get that flavor and crunch of your daily food, you don’t have to scrape out the last layer of cooked rice of your cooking pot; only a few simple steps to keep your crispy rice ideas cooking.
Crispy rice makes for popular snacks or even main course recipes when used with sauce. They give a crackling sound, when hot sauce is poured over them while they are piping hot.
How to make your rice crispy? The brown puffed rice with aroma and flavors sizzling from the cooking pot would definitely jumpstart you into the process.
The process of making rice crispy can be sub-divided into rice baking process and the rice-frying process, taking one cup of medium-size rice grains.
Rice Baking Process:
• Rinse the rice thoroughly in clean water.
• Take your cooking pot, transfer the rice to it and cover it with 1 ½ cups of water (1 ¼ cup for medium –sized grains). Bring the water to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid and allow it to simmer on low flame for 30 minutes.
• Take the pot from the stove. While the rice is cooling, keeping your oven ready by preheating it to 300 Fahrenheit.
• Take a baking sheet and place the rice grains on the tray with not more than ¼ inches thick.
• Allow the rice to bake for 50-55 minutes till it is dry.
• Remove the baking tray and allow it to cool. Once cooled, cut the rice cake into 2inch square pieces.
• The rice is now ready to be deep fried.
The baked rice can be refrigerated in a canister for not more than seven days before consumption.
Rice Frying process:
• Take some oil in a pan.
• Put the rice squares in batches in the pan, stirring it constantly on high-flame, till the rice gives a brown color and appears puffed.
• Drain the extra oil on a tissue.
• Pour the sauce hot on the steaming rice, if you want to listen to the popping sound of the crispy rice.
• The secret to get the crackling sound of the crispy rice is to pour the sauce over it when it’s steaming hot.
When you know as to how to make your rice crispy, you feel a sizzling delight that simply pops up, sending your spirit to dish out many crispy rice recipes.
Photo Courtesy : google.com