How To Make Garlic Oil?
Making garlic oil at home is easy, simple and utilitarian. There are different ways in which you can make garlic oil at home. Some of the easy ways to making garlic oil are listed below:
• Take 2 bulbs of garlic and select a few cloves from them. Peel them well.
• Take three to four wooden skewers and slide the cloves onto each of them.
• Now, take a glass container and pour some olive oil in it. Place the wooden skewers in an upright position in the container and leave them for 10 days.
• Remove the garlic once they steep. The removed garlic can later be used in cooking other dishes.
• Your garlic oil is ready. Store it in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
• Take 5-6 cloves of garlic, peel them well and slice them into halves.
• Place a pan on low heat and add some olive oil to it. Heat it till the olive oil simmers and then, add the cloves to it. Allow the garlic to simmer as well for about 15 minutes.
• To make it more flavorful, add a few stems of oregano.
• Remove from heat and let the oil cool at room temperature.
• Once cooled, use a strainer to strain the oil and then store it in the refrigerator.
• Garlic oil made in this process can be stored for about a week.
• Take a few cloves of garlic in a mortar and pestle and pound them well.
• Place the pounded garlic in a blender.
• Pour about 220 ml of olive oil in the blender and process until the entire oil gets used up.
• Pour the mixture in a jar and seal the bottle tightly. Store this in the refrigerator.
• You can use this for about a week. However, if you find any bubbles or cloudiness, make sure to discard it immediately.
Thus, depending on how soon you need the garlic oil, choose any of the above methods and make your own garlic oil at home. However, it is important to store garlic oil in the proper way to prevent any food-borne illness. Garlic oil stored at room temperature can lead to botulism (growth of spores), which in turn, spreads toxins in the blood, causing illnesses. Hence, always store the garlic oil in the refrigerator and ensure that it does not come in contact with any kind of moisture.
Garlic definitely adds flavor and aroma to your dishes, but at the same time, it is also a natural antibiotic that protects your body from numerous diseases and boosts your immunity. Hence, learn how to make garlic oil and use it in your dishes. The benefits that you can reap from this natural spice are indeed numerous.
Photo Courtesy: fotobank.ru