How to make caramel corn? – Corn with a Caramel Coat
The ingredients you will require to make the caramel popcorn are :
• Popcorn kernels
• Corn syrup
• Brown sugar
• Nuts (if desired)
Procedure for popcorns :
• To make the popcorns, preheat the oven at about 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Take the kernels and put it in the air-popper to make the popcorns.
• If you want to give your caramel popcorn a nutty flavor, then mix the popcorns with nuts.
Procedure for making caramel :
• Take a saucepan and put it on low-heat. Pour some butter(1/3/rd cup), brown sugar(1/2 cup) and light corn syrup (1/4 th cup), along with a bit of salt, in the sauce pan and stir it on high-flame. The ingredients have to be proportionately increased or decreased, depending upon the quantity of popcorn made. The measurement is for 8 cups of popcorn.
• Keep the mixture on high-flame for about two minutes, till it comes to a boil, stirring continuously.
How to make caramel corn ?
• Add this liquid(the caramel prepared) mixture to your bowl of popcorns, by gently turning over the popcorns with a spoon, so that the mixture coats all the corns, as you want to make caramel corns , which have the taste of caramel in uniformity.
• Take a cookie sheet or baking sheet and spray it with the cooking spray.
• Spread the popcorns on the tray and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes, by stirring it now and then to ensure that all the caramel corns get baked.
• Once the baking process is over, remove the tray of corns and toss and turn it one last time.
Your caramel corn is now ready to be snacked. Take in a crunch and revel in the delight of knowing how to make caramel corn at home!
Photo Courtesy : http://www.squidoo.com