How to Make Cannabis Butter?
Using cannabis in your cooking becomes all the easier if you know how to make cannabis butter. Cannabis or marijuana butter is amongst the most convenient ways of using and storing marijuana for cooking purposes. After you learn how to make cannabis butter, you can cut the butter into small pieces and store them in the freezer, sealed in zippered bags. You can then use these cannabis butter cubes when you cook. So, for all those of you, who wish to discover how to make cannabis butter, here’s the recipe –
Things you need
For making cannabis butter, you will need 1 lb of butter (avoid margarine at all costs) and half an ounce of marijuana bud flour. Alternately, you can also purchase an ounce of shake flour or double ounces of marijuana leaf flour.
Directions for making cannabis butter
• If you have dry marijuana leaves or marijuana shake, then you can convert it to flour at home. All you have to do is, grind them in a blender, or a coffee/pepper grinder.
• Once you have done that, place the powdered version of the marijuana in a crockpot and get ready to butter it. You can conveniently cook some 3 to 4 lbs of butter at a time, if you are using a standard sized crockpot. For smaller amounts, say a pound of butter or lesser, you can always use the smaller crockpots.
• Now, add some butter as well, to the powdered marijuana in the crockpot and start heating the mixture at the lowest heating temperature. Heat the mixture for 24 hours and then cool it.
• When the mixture in the crockpot has cooled down, pour the mixture into a large bowl through a strainer lined with a double layered cheese cloth. To make sure, there’s no wastage, twist the pulp in the cheese cloth and squeeze out the remaining liquid butter.
• Cool the butter mixture further in a glass or a ceramic dish. Then, refrigerate the mixture. After the mixture has solidified, cut them into large or small pieces, as you wish, and then place this green colored butter in a zippered bag for freezing.
Marijuana or cannabis butter can be stored for a long time. This butter can be used just like any other butter. You can even use cannabis butter in brownies, cookies, gingerbread, muffins, zucchini bread, pies, spicecakes and so on.
Picture Source: therecipes.net