How To Make Bread Stuffing For Thanksgiving?
For making bread stuffing, you need the following ingredients:
• Celery – 3 medium sized ribs
• Celery Leaves – chopped
• Onion – 1 large piece, finely chopped
• Parsley – 2 Tablespoons, finely chopped
• Poultry Seasoning - 2 Teaspoon
• Bread Cubes – A bag of 15 oz. seasoned bread cubes
• Turkey Stock – 3 cups
• Butter – 8 Tablespoons, Unsalted
• Pepper – To Taste
• Salt – To Taste
Making bread stuffing is simple and easy and is a sure shot technique to win your guests’ hearts. Once the bread stuffing is made, you can either stuff the whole turkey with this or simply serve it as a side dish to your turkey based main course. Just follow these few steps and prepare a delicious dinner for this year’s Thanksgiving night:
• Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat.
• Add the chopped onions and celery to the melted butter and keep stirring, for about 10 minutes, till the onions turn golden brown.
• Turn off the flame and remove the skillet. Take a large mixing bowl and add the stirred onion-celery mixture to it.
• In the mixing bowl, next, add the seasoned bread cubes. Add the finely chopped parsley to it. Mix well.
• Now, to the bowl, add 2 cups of the turkey stock (keep a cup of the stock separately). Mix well, so that the bread cubes become moist.
• Add a dash of poultry seasoning to the bowl. Add some salt and pepper as well over the stuffing and mix again to ensure a smooth mixture.
• Take a baking dish and grease it with some more butter.
• Add the remaining turkey stock over the mixture and place it on the baking dish.
• Cover it with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove the stuffing from the oven when baked and serve immediately along with the turkey.
Bread stuffing is a classic recipe that typifies the very spirit of Thanksgiving. Easy to make, versatile in nature (goes with almost all kinds of Turkey dishes) and universal in taste (as it surely pleases people with varied tastes), this is one recipe that will always make your Thanksgiving dinner a huge success. There’s no limit to the various flavorful bread stuffing combinations – just use your creativity and go on making interesting stuffing.
Photo Courtesy: hostedmedia.reimanpub.com