How To Make Banana Peel Starch?
By grace of Mother Nature, bananas are full of starch and it takes scanty time to make good quality banana starch at home. Banana starch is mutipurpose and you can use it in culinary preparations as a binding agent, thickening agent, etc. Have a look at some of the great ways of making banana starch.
Make Banana Peel Starch Easily
- Pick out some mildly ripe bananas and wash them thoroughly. Impurities might hinder the proper starch consistency of banana.
- Peel the hand chosen bananas and mash them.
- Put the mashed bananas in a freshly prepared solution of sodium metabisulphite. Sodium metabisulphite is helpful in extracting maximum starch from the bananas. Make sure that peels of bananas are discarded and not put into use.
- After this, add some decomposed bananas to this squelchy mix, and leave for some time in sunshine.
- You must add very thin slices of bananas to this solution; this helps in easy reduction of pulp of bananas and brings out even consistency.
- After this exposure to sun, the solution becomes dry.
- Put this solution in mechanical driers and rotate for 170 degrees. Repeat the process if desired. This goes in making the starch dry.
- Pulverize the dried part into finely grounded powder and banana starch is ready.
With these easy tricks you can make banana starch without any hassle.