How To Freeze Baked Fish
Freezing allows you to store excessive amounts of baked fish for a maximum of 60 days. Beyond that, the quality of the food item deteriorates, making it inedible. Here are a few handy tips that will allow you to store the leftover oven baked fish for an extended period. Read on to learn how to do it without any hassle..
What You Need
- Leftover fish, baked
- Plastic wraps
- Sticky notes
Directions For Freezing Baked Fish
- Allow the fish to come to room temperature before you store them in the freezer.
- Arrange in a shallow container. Separate the layers using plastic films. Shallow containers allow faster freezing.
- Firmly close the containers.
- Paste the sticky note atop container indicating the name of the ingredients and the date of packing.
- Place in the coldest point in the freezer until used.
- Always choose to wrap fish pieces individually as you can take out as much as you want in future without thawing the entire stuff.
- You can bring the baked food to room temperature either by refrigerating for some time or placing the dish containing fish in a tub filled with cold water. It is not advisable to keep the leftovers for more than 2 hours at room temperature as it can spoil the dish.
- Always choose a freezer unit for freezing as the temperature will be 0 °F that will ensure that the food remains unspoiled for a longer time. On the other hand, the temperature stays between 10 °F and 25 °F. Hence, the freezing may be less efficient. Fish stored in a refrigerator freezer should be consumed within 45 days.
- Always allow gradual thawing of the baked fish. Thaw in refrigerator; never place it at room temperature or in the microwave.
- Do not refreeze the baked food once thawed.
These tips are sure to help you while you try to freeze baked fish dishes. So, next time if someone asks you what to do with leftover fish , tell them to freeze it and enjoy it for days!
Image Credit: ifood.tv