How To Fillet Tuna?
Tuna is one of the most favorite fishes of many as the fish tastes good and as is loved by many for eating a good fishmeal, why not learn how to fillet a tuna? However, cleaning the fish and preparing the fillet is much easier, if you fail not to follow these systematic instructions.
- Remove the scales of the fish and clean the fish in fresh running water.
- Make an angled cut and chop the head off using a fish hammer.
- This will expose the tummy region, and make an incision in this region and remove the innards and intestines. Remove all the internal organs and wash in running water.
- Cut the meat off the center bone without cutting the bone. This is your first fillet. Then rotate the fish to the other side and makes the second fillet in a similar fashion. Cut at the tail end to get the fillets as separate pieces.
- Now you will have two fillets and the center bone with the remaining central bone.
- Clean the fillets of small bones and blood vessels, membranes and other unwanted debris.
Slice the fillet and use for making yummy tuna recipes!
Image Credit: mrozonki.hortex.com.pl