How To Eat Healthy On A Road Trip?
• The night before you start your journey, you need to freeze all your reusable ice packs. If you will be staying at hotels in between, you will be able to freeze them but suppose you do not get the chance to stay in hotels, then you should have all the perishable goodies first.
• Try not to have canned foods and any food which you are allergic to. Check the food labels before you eat any food.
• You should also fill all your Ziploc bags with ice when you pass through convenience stores and gas stations while you are traveling. This shall ensure that your food doesn’t get spoilt.
• You can place all non perishable items in your bag so, that you find it easy reaching them whenever you want to. Carry a lot of bars, dried fruits, nuts, fruit drinks and other munchies which will stay long and be healthy too.
• When you are eating in a good restaurant and you find that there are a number of healthy eating options like fresh vegetables and soups, you can even pack some food for your trip, so that you can have it till you stop at the next place. Instead of overeating at a time you can pack some of your food for munching during the travel.
You should always keep buying fresh food whenever you can find any such source, even though you may already have your stock. You never know, you might not get such fresh goodies for long. You can buy healthier foods like corn nuts, 100% fruit juices, baked corn, trail mix, and pretzels for your journey. Keep restocking all the way and do not wait for your stock to get over before you can stock them up again.