How To Eat Chicken And Waffles
How to eat chicken and waffles? Many do not know to eat this different combination. This southern dish uses sweet or savory seasonings as toppings that include honey, butter and maple syrup. Each of toppings gives a distinct flavor to the chicken and waffle.
How to eat Chicken and Waffle
- Take chicken breast and season it with pepper, salt and olive oil. Crushed garlic, thyme and chicken stock can be added to it. Wait till the chicken stock reduces to nothing and the pieces are cooked nicely. Toast the waffles using a pan and heat the syrup for toppings.
- Remove the bone and skin from the chicken. Place the waffle in a serving plate, and keep the chicken on top of the waffle. Slice of bacon to the dish would give you extra protein. However it is optional, finally pour the maple syrup into the chicken and waffle generously.
- Many eat chicken and waffle separately, there is no point eating them alone. Salt and sweet combination of the dish can be enjoyed when you eat them together with the topping.
Eating chicken and Waffle
- Besides eating them with hot syrup, you can also try eating chicken and waffle with gravy. Fry the chicken with olive, salt and pepper, brown the chicken on both sides using a pan. Now add vegetables like carrot, bayleaf, onion, celery and broth. After boiling the mixture, remove the vegetables (which you can eat separately with salt and pepper) and add flour. Now the chicken and gravy is ready.
- Try to use Whole wheat waffles or Cornmeal Waffles as they are flavorful, tasty and filling than the white flour waffles. On top of the toasted waffle, place the chicken and gravy. Eat the chicken, gravy and waffle together.
Traditionally this dish is served with fried chicken, waffle and maple syrup or butter. However nowadays you can eat them with different combinations like gravy, cayenne-cinnamon syrup, and rosemary syrup. Now you know how to eat chicken and waffles properly. Also you are aware about the various ways to eat chicken and waffles. Enjoy the chicken and Waffles by visiting restaurants that serve the dish, or prepare it at home.
Image credits: billyriner.files.wordpress.com