how to dry figs in oven
1. Let the figs ripen properly by allowing them to fall from the trees all by themselves.
2. As soon as the figs fall they must be harvested immediately before they turn rotten.
3. They must then be washed and cut into half.
4. Place the figs on the drying wrack with skin-side down. They may be dried outside under the sun but make sure that you dry them in open in warm and less humid environment. In case the figs are dried outside, they must be draped with a cheesecloth on top so as to keep the bugs away.
5. In order to kill the insects, pasteurize the figs. For this, you can place the figs in the oven and heat them for 10-15 minutes at 175 degrees.