How To Cook Yams On A Gas Grill
Cook yams on the gas grill to bring out the best flavor in them. Tender yams taste perfect when served with steak or pork. Fret not if you are not sure about the technique of grilling yams, for here I have explained the excat method in simple steps. So, let's get grilling…
Steps to Cook Yams on a Gas Grill
- Place yam on a cutting board and carefully begin to peel the skin off. This might take some time, but the efforts would be worth it. Be careful while using the sharp knife to get the peel off.
- Trim off ends as well as scoop put any bad spots using the knife.
- Once the peel is removed, slice the yams into rings or wedges of ½-inch thickness.
- Clean the slices/wedges and brush them with olive oil.
- Clean the grill and spray non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium-high temperature.
- Place yam pieces in the grill and let cook for about 12 to 15 minutes on each side.
- Yams are done when they soften to an extent that a fork can be easily inserted to them.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Watch the video and see how easy it is to grill yams:
Tips to Cook Yams on a Gas Grill
- Yams cook easily and quickly, hence supervise the cooking well lest you burn them.
- Grease the grates well to prevent yam from sticking onto them.
- Buy fresh yams for superior tasting grilled dish.
Cook yams on a gas grill and enjoy this tuber with family and friends on a cold winter afternoon!
Video credit: ifood.tv/recipe/