How To Cook Sausage On A Gas Grill
Sausages are best eaten grilled. Both cooked and pre-cooked sausages can be grilled successfully on a gas grill. Cooking sausage on the grill using the right technique would render sausages juicy and full of flavor. Let us the right technique to grill sausages…
Instructions to Cook Sausage on a Gas Grill Using the Right Technique
- Preheat the grill to medium-high temperature.
- Take sausages out of packaging. Prick them all over to prevent them from exploding while being grilled.
- In a large saucepan, take some water; add beer, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add the sausages and bring the contents of the pot to boil.
- Let sausages simmer in the pot for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Take the sausages out of the pot and place them on the grill.
- Grill sausages for about 6 to 7 minutes on both sides.
- Sausages are done when casing turns brown evenly.
Watch how to grill sausages:
Tips to Cook Sausage
- Precooked sausages need not be poached prior to grilling. They can be grilled directly.
- While using precooked sausages, make sure to reduce cooking or grilling time by half.
- While choosing to skip the poaching step, grill sausages each side for about 8 minutes.
- Add herbs of choice to poaching water for creating different tastes.
- Use separate tongs for raw sausages and cooked ones.
Cook sausage on a gas grill and serve with raw onions, chopped tomatoes, mustard, and pickles. Grilled sausages can be served sliced with pasta salad and grilled vegetables too.
Video credit: youtube.com/