How To Cook Pork On A Gas Grill
Improved flavor and less cooking time makes cooking pork on gas grill a much-preferred method of conjuring up delicious pork chops. Pork chops grilled at home can be outstanding and impressive if done right. Let us see how to cook pork chops so that they turn out juicy and tender.
Steps to Cook Pork On A Gas Grill
Pork chops have to be brined prior to grilling.
Brining pork chops:
- In a plastic bag, pour in water, add table salt, and granulated sugar. Dissolve the sugar and salt in the water.
- Put the pork chops in the bag and seal it.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for half hour. Then turn it over and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Take the chops out and lay them out on the cutting board.
- Pat dry and season the chops with salt, pepper, and rub.
Grilling pork chops:
- Grease the grilling racks and preheat grill for 15 minutes on high.
- Place racks inside such that one side is exposed to high heat and other side to medium heat.
- Place pork chops over high heat and let sear for 3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, turn the chops over and place over medium heat. Let cook for 9 minutes before turning over chops.
- The pork is done when temperature reach 145 degrees F.
Tips To Grill Pork
- If pork has been pre-seasoned, then, there is no need to brine it or season it later prior to grilling.
- Try not to use a meat fork for turning the meat while grilling since this can lead to loss of its juices.
- Handle the meat carefully and make sure that the utensils and work are is washed and cleaned well once done.
Armed with these tips and stepwise guide on how to cook pork, make delicious pork chops and impress friends and family!
Video credit: howcast.com/videos/