How To Cook Pasta In Slow Cooker
It is a very tricky technique when it comes to cooking pasta using a slow cooker. Cooking for a very long time in low heat would make it soggy and cooking on a high temperature may turn them brown. But once you pre-boil and blend it with sauces and then slow cook it you are sure to get a lip-smacking pasta dish. Trail down this blog, to know the exact procedure involved in cooking pasta by using a slow cooker.
- Butter or preferred cooking oil
- Slow Cooker
- Rub the interior of the slow cooker with butter or oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray. This prevents lumping of pastas and will reduce time taken to wash the slow cooker after the preparation of recipes.
- Put the pasta, water and sauces into the slow cooker (veggies and spices or herbs can also be added but make sure you increase some additional water to cook them).
- Set the slow cooker to the high setting and cook 30-45 minutes.
Here comes a video on cooking pasta in a slow cooker.
Tips To Cook Pasta Using Slow Cooker:
- Choose wheat pastas to cook in slow cooker since they would cook better than egg based ones since this type of pastas may lose their shape during cooking.
- Heavier pastas such as elbow macaroni and rotini pasta would be more perfect to be cooked using slow cooker.
- If you are using pre-cooked pasta drain and use it.
- Do not stir the pasta frequently during cooking. For best results, leave the cover on until you are ready to serve.
Enjoy different recipes out of pasta and enjoy the yummy dishes made using a slow cooker.
Image Credit: onedishdinners.com
Video Credit: youtube