How To Cook Cauliflower On A Gas Grill
Even though cauliflower may not be a popular candidate on a grill menu, it can nevertheless add variety to the most simple BBQ. Cooking cauliflower on the gas grill helps get rid of its natural bitterness and brings out the right amount of smoky flavor to the flower veggie. Feel daunted by the prospect of dealing with the floretty vegetable then read through this article for some easy steps on preparing grilled cauliflower...
Steps to Cook Cauliflower on the Gas Grill
- Cut cauliflower through the stalk to get two halves. The florets can be separated only if planning to use skewers.
- Prepare marinade of choice and marinate cauliflower for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Clean gas-grill well and make sure the grates do not have any residue. Once cleaned, grease the grates with cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium-high temperature.
- Place cauliflower on the grill over indirect heat. The top rack would be ideal.
- Cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- Cauliflower is done when they become tender and crisp.
For grilling in skewers, thread cauliflower florets on the skewer and season with salt, pepper, herbs, and olive oil. Place in aluminum foil and make a packet. Grill at medium temperature for 20 to 25 minutes.
Tips to Cook Cauliflower on a Gas Grill
- Make wonderful vegetable kebab by stringing together cauliflower with zucchini and squash and grilling them.
- Cauliflower florets can be cooked in a grill pan to prevent them from falling through the grates.
Cook cauliflower on a gas grill and serve sprinkled with oregano and lemon juice as tasty snack or appetizer.