How To Cook Broccoli On A Gas Grill
Grilling gives broccoli the "Oh So Delicious" crisp on the outside yet tender inside texture. Moreover, grilled broccoli would definitely be a healthier option to serve with grilled chicken or steak instead of potato salad or crisps. Gas grills, with their easy heat controls, work best for veggies like broccoli. Let us see how to cook broccoli on a gas grill within one hour…
Steps to Cook Broccoli in an Hour’s Time
- Wash broccoli well under cold water.
- Pat dry the vegetable with kitchen towels.
- Cu them into pieces of equal sizes. This would allow for even cooking.
- Spread out aluminum foil and spread broccoli on this in a single layer.
- Sprinkle olive oil on the vegetable pieces.
- Fold the aluminum foil over broccoli to cover it completely. This is done to prevent scorching of broccoli while it is being grilled.
- Preheat grill to medium temperature.
- Place broccoli pouch into the grill away from direct heat.
- Let broccoli cook for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Now turn the pouch over and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Take out broccoli pouch from grill and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Open the pack and serve grilled broccoli with rice or pasta.
Watch the video for more information:
Tips to Cook Broccoli on a Gas Grill
- Do not leave grill unattended while grilling since sometime broccoli are ready in a matter of 8 minutes or so.
- Broccoli is a tender vegetable and hence should not be placed over direct heat.
Cook broccoli on a gas grill and enjoy the sublime and unique taste that grilling imparts to this highly nutritious vegetable. Watch the videos for more grilled broccoli recipes at iFood.tv.
Image credit: leitesculinaria.com/
Video courtesy: youtube.com/