How To Cook Bok Choy On A Gas Grill
For cooking bok choy, gas grill is the weapon of choice. They can be served along with grilled fish, sweet corn, and asparagus for a wholesome summery outdoor meal. These Oriental delights are quick to grill and taste good with a variety of seasonings. Read on for detailed steps on cooking this green veggie the right way on the gas grill.
Steps to Cook Bok Choy on a Gas Grill
- Wash bok choy very well in cool water. Slice lengthwise through the head to get two equal halves of the green vegetable.
- Prepare a marinade using vinegar, salt, pepper, chili, and olive oil. Coat bok choy with this marinade and let marinate for about 15 to 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Clean the grill very well and grease with non-stick cooking spray or any cooking oil.
- Preheat grill to medium-high temperature.
- Place bok choy cut face down on the grill and let cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn it over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Bok choy is ready when the leaves become tender and crisp.
- Serve bok choy warm with sesame seeds and lemon rings or wedges.
Watch the video for more information on the same:
Tips to Cook Bok Choy on a Gas Grill
- Bok choy is grilled within a matter of minutes and hence it is necessary to supervise cooking process lest you end up with charred leaves.
- Bok choy can taste awesome by drizzling some soya sauce over it prior to grilling.
- Bring in variety to the marinade for bok choy to taste different everytime it is prepared on the gas grill.
Cook bok choy on a gas grill on your terrace or yard and enjoy watching the diminutive heads get drenched in the tangy marinade and get piping hot on the grill. Have a lovely time using the gas grill this fall.
Video credit: youtube.com/