How To Cook Beef In Slow Cooker
One of the most popular ways of using a slow cooker is to cook tough cuts of fleshy foods like beef. Such cuts of beef are generally cheaper because of the difficulty in preparing them. However, cooking in a slow cooker tenderizes the beef by the extended heating process making it tastier, juicier and easier to chew. Scroll down to know the procedure involved in cooking beef with the help of a slow cooker.
- Raw beef (Any cut)
- A slow cooker
- Take the required quantity of beef either as a whole cut or as pieces of the cuts.
- Clean the beef thoroughly.
- Put the portions in a strainer and wash them twice with hands.
- First put the fat or oil in the crockpot followed by any other ingredient of the recipe may be onion or tomato.
- Set the clean beef portions in the slow cooker above the layer of ingredient.
- Pour adequate water (if required salt) to cover the beef. Always use 4-5 times the volume of water to the beef.
- Cook the beef for 8 – 10 hours if in low setting or for 4 -5 hours on high setting in slow cooker until it becomes tender.
Here comes a video on how to cook beef recipe in a slow cooker.
Do's And Don'ts:
- If you are using frozen beef, ensure that it is defrosted before placing in the slow cooker.
- Pour water as required since more water may cause over flowing and less water may lead to undercooking/browning.
Advantages Of Cooking Beef In Slow Cooker:
- Nearly all cuts of beef can be effortlessly turned into a tender, succulent stew using slow cooker.
- The pieces from the neck, shoulder, or lower leg are less tender than other cuts and can therefore be preferred for cooking in slow cooker.
- Slow cooker heats beef over a longer period and retains moisture within the pot and so the meat comes out juicy and tender in spite of its firmer cut.
- Slow cooking also allows beef to better absorb flavors from herbs and spices. Therefore, there is no need to marinate prior to preparation.
Pot roast, beef stew and chili are the most popular and delicious recipes which can be cooked using a slow cooker. Delicious beef dishes can be prepared with even the cheapest cuts of meat and this ultimately saves money and helps in demonstrating your cooking skills. So get started now!
Image Credit: smart-heart-living.com
Video Credit: ifood.tv/video