How To Cook Banana On A Gas Grill
How about grilling bananas on the gas grill for teatime snack today. Bananas grill very well and when seasoned with honey and sugar, it transforms into a sweet treat par excellence. Kids and adults would enjoy its fruity sweetness and they can be served with choicest toppings too! Let us see how to grill them right.
Steps to Cook Banana On a Gas Grill
- Clean the grill and spray with non-stick cooking spray so as to prevent banana from sticking on to the grates.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high temperature.
- Bananas are usually grilled unpeeled. Slit the unpeeled banana lengthwise and season with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and drizzle honey generously.
- Place banana cut side down on the grill and let cook for about 2 minutes. Turn the banana over to the peeled side when grill marks make their appearance on cut side.
- Grill for about 5 minutes.
- Grilled banana can be served with the peel as well as without with desired toppings.
Watch the video for more information on the same:
Tips to Cook Banana on the Grill
- Bananas get grilled very quickly and hence the grill should not be left unattended while they are cooking.
- Do not overcook the banana since it can become mushy and make a mess.
Cook banana on a gas grill and serve topped with ice cream as dessert next time friends drop in.
Video credit: youtube.com/