How To Clean Broccoli
In order to get rid of insects, bugs and worms that hide in the tightly packed florets of broccoli, it is necessary to know how to clean broccoli thoroughly. Unlike the popular belief, it is rather easy to clean broccoli. Here are a few simple cleaning techniques that will help you clean Broccoli and prepare it for cooking.
Things Required for Cleaning Broccoli
- Large bowl
- Sharp knife
- Kitchen towels
Steps to Clean Broccoli Thoroughly at Home
- Remove broccoli packaging.
- Cut off the stems if using only heads for cooking. This step is optional.
- Separate the florets into smaller ones for convenience.
- Take a large bowl of water and add salt in it.
- Soak broccoli in salt water for 10 minutes.
- Drain salt water and rinse broccoli well in fresh water.
- Pat dry and use as desired.
Learning how to clean broccoli well can help prevent your food from getting contaminated with the tiny insects found in the thick heads of broccoli florets.