How To Bake Birthday Cake
The Complete Guide On How To Bake Birthday Cake
Flour: Flour is the basic ingredient of any cake. You can choose plain flour or self-rising flour for baking a birthday cake. If you are using plain flour, then for every 1 cup of flour, add 1 tsp baking powder and 1/3 tsp salt.
Butter: Butter is yet another basic ingredient in a cake. The flour and the butter should be in the proportion of 4:1 for birthday cake.
Sugar: Sugar brings in the sweetness factor. Use half the quantity of flour used to get the ideal sweetness. Excessive sugar can result in crumbling.
Eggs: Eggs act as binders holding the cake dough together. Eggs can give a cake the light texture that can make it delectable. For each cup of flour, add 1 egg. For birthday cakes, the flour to eggs proportion always remains 1:1.
Vanilla: Vanilla is the flavoring agent. It is an optional ingredient.
Milk; Milk adds richness to the cake. You can choose skim or full fat version, use 1 ¼ cups of skim milk, for every 3 cups of flour.
Frosting: No birthday cake is complete without frosting. Choose a frosting as mentioned in the recipe.
How To Bake Birthday Cake Tips
- It is advisable to preheat the oven to 350°F while baking a birthday cake. Preheat the oven at least 15 minutes before you start baking.
- The cake pans should also be prepared ahead. Grease them first and then dust the flour on the grease pan bottom. This is essential to prevent the cake batter from sticking on to the bottom of cake pan.
- Keep all the ingredients at room temperature, unless the recipe directs otherwise. While ingredients such as flour, sugar, vegetable oil, milk, and water will be already stored at room temperature, eggs, butter, and milk should be brought to room temperature before mixing them.
- Measure the ingredients as accurately as possible. It is advisable to have digital baking scales to get the accurate measurement. It is always advisable to add the ingredients in the order mentioned in the recipe.
- Remember to beat eggs and until they turn fluffy, as this will keep the cake soft. The slightest grain of sugar can also spoil the quality of the cake.
- Gradually and steadily, mix the flour, baking powder, and skim milk. Take care to avoid the formation of lumps. You need to beat the mixture fast to avoid lumps. Remember the idea is to get a creamy, smooth batter free of lumps.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and skim milk. Using electric beaters, beat the mixture for about 2 minutes to allow the mixture to turn creamy and smooth.
- The ideal time taken for baking birthday cake is 30 to 35 minutes. If you feel that your cake is ready before this time, check with a teaser for doneness. To check the doneness, insert a teaser into cake center. This should be clean when removed.
- Always cool the cake thoroughly before frosting it. Frosting a warm cake can melt the frosting.
Now that you know how to bake birthday cake, make one and surprise your near and dear ones with a tasty treat.
Image Credit: ifood.tv