How Good Is Vegan Food For You?
Increasing number of people are now becoming vegetarians and proudly call themselves vegans. How good is vegan food for you and is it worth a try? Vegans do not consume animal products in any form.
One of the prominent causes and reasons for becoming vegan is increased awareness for good health and concern for animal rights and welfare of animals.
The goodness of vegan foods has been accepted all over. A very well planned vegan diet plan can satisfy all the nutritional needs of any individual...so you do not have to think, that if you do not consume animal products in any form, you are going to become weak. A very well planned vegan meal is said to be rich in proteins, different minerals and vitamins which are essential for the health and growth of any individual.
If you are still wondering if vegan foods are actually good for your health, here are some more reasons:
• Most of our diet consists of animal fats which have high levels of cholesterol and sodium which is the cause of several diseases. When you are having vegan food, you are actually reducing your chances of prostrate cancer, colon cancer, high blood pressure levels and also heart diseases and some more diseases.
• Vegan foods are also known to control diabetes. Those who suffer from diabetes often have to take insulin when the disease is almost out of control – when you are having vegan foods, your insulin needs will be reduced to a large extent and in some time, you will have diabetes much controlled. This is not possible even with the regular medicines which you take on an everyday basis.
• We often hear an argument that vegan foods are not recommended for women and children since milk which is very essential for children is not consumed in a vegan diet. However vegan foods have plenty of green leafy vegetables, along with soy and legumes which are thought to be good sources of calcium. These offer enough of calcium and other nutrients which are essential for bone and body health.
• Vegan food is also considered very beneficial because it is said, that it helps to hold off grey hair and is sometimes also responsible for reversing the process of greying hair.
• These foods also help to maintain a good weight. Your chances of gaining weight are less – moreover, you have a very healthy body. However, you have to ensure that you are not eating chemically treated substances.
• Most types of allergies are the result of animal foods – when you have vegan food, you reduce the chances of suffering from different kinds of allergies. You are also able to control situations of depression, anxiety and also hypertension.
• Vegan foods are very good for your skin also – you are not eating fatty substances which can cause skin infections and allergies. Your skin and nails also improve – helping you to look beautiful and smart.
Image courtesy: onlinevegetariandeli., slashfood.com