Hot Pot Burns Hole In Chinese Man's Stomach
The next time you order a hot soup in a Chinese restaurant, keep your doctor on speed-dial. What happened with a 26-year-old man in China could happen to you too. The man in question went to have a spicy soup, which is, in fact, a traditional Chinese hot pot dish called 'Mala'. The name roughly translates to being numbingly hot. The soup burned a hole in his stomach, right after he finished consuming a bowl. Yes, that’s true!
'Mala' is made with not just one or two but three varieties of spices - Sichuan pepper, chili pepper, and blend of local spices. The man, who remains unidentified, started experiencing severe stomach pain right after he finished the bowl of soup. In no time, he was vomiting blood. When he was taken to a hospital, doctors found a hole in the wall of his stomach. The man had no history of gastrointestinal disorder.
Although, it is not known for sure what went into making the soup that the man consumed, but some reports say that it could be because of synthetic ingredients being used in making soups in several Chinese restaurants. Several Chinese restaurants allow their customers to choose the degrees of spiciness in their broth. It seems that the man with a 'hole in his stomach' ordered the hottest batch of mala soup and once he finished it, he had to go straight to the hospital.
Other Articles You May Like To Read:
Image Courtesy: whatsonjinan