Herbal Remedies For Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory illness and there are many herbal remedy possibilities that can be tried for improving arthritic pain. By using these natural treatments, your quality of life can be drastically improved. Listed below are some herbs that have proved useful to relieve the symptoms associated with the condition.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis that are Effective
- Leaves of birch can be consumed in teas or infused in oils. Rub these on painful areas for relief. The leaves are aromatic with a bitter taste. They also get rid of water accumulated in the body.
- White willow is another herb that has been proved to an effective rheumatoid arthritis remedy.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. It can be safely used for treating symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Comfrey is a herb that has been used in treating swollen joints. The roots of the plant are made into a salve which has to be topically applied to the affected joints.
- Valerian has sedative properties. Intake of this herb can reduce excruciating pain during movement.
Tips for Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis Naturally
- Exercise can strengthen muscles around the joints. Try walking, swimming, and gentle water aerobics.
- Apply heat or cold on swollen joints. Heat can reduce the pain and relax the tense muscles. Cold could numb the pain and decrease muscle spasms.
- Reduce stress and relax.
- Eat foods only apt for the condition.
Herbal remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are effective where mild cases are concerned. You can resort to natural treatments after consulting with your health care provider.
Image credit: ifood.tv