Herbal Remedies For Dermatitis
The skin condition characterized by inflammation, redness and itchiness, is dermatitis. The condition is not very serious but can cause plenty of discomfort and these can be relieved with herbal remedies. The primary objective of the natural treatments is to prevent scratching and irritation of the skin and these have been proved to be effective even in cases where conventional medicines have failed. Herbal treatments are safe and gentle. Listed below are some popularly used natural remedies.
Few Natural Herbal Remedies for Dermatitis
- Spearmint is a herb that can provide relief from dermatitis symptoms. Just grind a handful of the leaves into a paste. Apply this on the affected area. This can reduce itching as well as gets rid of the rash quickly.
- Turmeric is another remedy worth trying out. Apply turmeric powder generously over affected area. Turmeric contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that would aid in quick healing.
- Boil slippery elm, comfrey roots, and white oak bark in water for a few minutes. Cool and wash the affected area with this.
- Green tea can be applied over the affected areas for symptomatic relief. Just dip green tea bags in water and when the tea begins to flow out of the bags, squeeze them onto inflamed area.
- Aloe Vera gel is useful in alleviating symptoms like itchiness and dryness.
Tips for Managing Dermatitis Naturally
- Change diet to include whole grains.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Condition skin with flaxseed oil or Vaseline.
- Apply coconut oil over affected area. This prevents spreading and cracking of skin.
Herbal remedies for dermatitis can be tried out prior to consulting a medical practitioner. If the symptoms persist or the condition worsens, meet a doctor immediately.
Image credit: complementarymedicineblog.wordpress.com