Health Benefits of Tomato Juice
You can improve your overall health with tomato juice. Several health benefits of tomato juice are known. It acts as an antioxidant and is rich in Vitamin C content. It tastes good even when mixed with apple, carrot and cucumber juices.
1. Lycopene present in raw tomato juice has cancer-preventing properties. When raw tomato juice is consumed, it flushes off the disease-causing toxins from your body.
2. Potassium is known for providing muscular strength and flexibility. And raw tomato juice is rich in potassium content. Consumption of raw tomato juice strengths the joints thereby allowing the body to function smoothly. It also removes toxins from the various systems of the body.
3. Since tomato juice is rich in Vitamin C content, it aids in improvement of immune functions. It helps the body to fight cold better and resists other bacterial infections from entering your body.
4. Acne treatment is also possible with tomato juice. When you apply raw tomato juice to the affected area, it will help you get rid of acne. Make sure that when you apply the juice on your skin, you allow it to remain undisturbed for a while and then wash off using warm water. For lasting results, the treatment should be continued for a long time.
No Side Effects
5. Tomato juice does not have any side effects, even if consumed in large quantities. It is a good weight-loss food as well as effective for Diabetics.
(image credits: www.worldofstock.com)