Health Benefits Of L Arginine
L Arginine is one of the amino acids that are produced by the body. It is needed for good health and the health benefits of L Arginine help the body in many different ways. Our body gets these amino acids from different food items such as peanuts, coconut, almonds, dairy products, chocolates and meat. L Arginine is also available in the supplement form.
I will share some of the health benefits of L Arginine through this blog.
The main health benefits of L Arginine are
- Builds immunity- L Arginine helps the body by building the immunity. This amino acid helps to increase the activities of thymus glands. The increased activity of thymus glands lead to production of T cells in the body which leads to a stronger immune system.
- Prevents cancer and tumors- One of the important health benefits of L Arginine is that it helps in preventing various tumors and cancers. The increased production of T cells in the body inhibits the growth of tumors and various cancer cells.
- Effective weight loss- The L Arginine supplements are mostly consumed by the body builders and by people who want to lose weight. L Arginine health benefits help in reducing the fat amount in the body by initiating protein metabolism.
- Helpful for heart and heart disease- One of the interesting health benefits of L Arginine is synthesis of nitric oxide which is helpful for the heart. Nitric oxide helps in relaxing and dilating the blood vessels and thus leading to amplified supply of blood to brain and heart. L Arginine health benefits helps in decreasing blood cholesterol.
- Increases fertility- L Arginine health benefits also include increases fertility in men. The amino acid is effective in increasing the sperm count.
- Stops blood clotting- L Arginine is effective in stopping the blood clotting and is also used for thinning of the blood.
Though L Arginine health benefits are numerous, the consumption of L Arginine should only be done with a doctor’s advice.
Image credit- thinknatural.com