Fibromyalgia Foods To Avoid
Before reading through the list of fibromyalgia foods to avoid, it is very important for everyone to get proper introduction to this disease. The condition is normally explained as the series of symptoms that trigger the joint and muscle pains, and induces overwhelming fatigue. The medical condition is seen more in women than in men. Some recent findings indicate that there are no common treatments that may work for everyone but still fibromyalgia sufferer can make difference to their life by avoiding certain foods and reining exercise over some food habits.
Foods to Avoid for Fibromyalgia
- Carbohydrates and Sugar: They deserve to be in the list of fibromyalgia foods to avoid because they are known to trigger many of the disease symptoms. The fungus that causes the inflammation thrives on the sugars which may be one of the contributory reasons for fibromyalgia. Cutting on carbonated drinks and fructose corn syrup may help to curb the severity of the condition.
- Caffeine: This is known as the natural stimulant and many of the Fibromyalgia sufferers are known to depend on caffeine rich beverages for the much needed energy boost. Initially they may get that much needed boost but finally it may exacerbate more fatigue.
- Monosodium Glutamate and Nitrates: They justify their presence in the list of fibromyalgia foods to avoid because they are regularly used in many of the highly processed foods and canned foods. The MSG is normally classified as excitotoxin and is known to have detrimental affect on NMDA receptors. The people who are suffering from fibromyalgia are found to be allergic to the foods or foods groups containing nitrates and MSG.
- Dairy: They can low or high fat depending on the production methods involved. But they are considered in this list of foods to avoid for fibromyalgia because they can aggravate the symptoms of the disease.
- Eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, bellpeppers, and chili: Most of the products by the night shade plants ought to be inducted into the list of fibromyalgia foods to avoid because these night shade vegetables contain nutrients that may trigger various types of arthritis as well as fibromyalgia. If you feel perfectly alright after eating these vegetables then you ought not to debar it from your food choices.
A first thought of the above mentioned fibromyalgia foods to avoid will help the patients to cope up with the disease by curbing the debilitating symptoms.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv