Easy Tips To Poach Potato
Ever tried poaching potatoes? Even though this is not among the commonest of all potato cooking methods, it definitely is a healthy one. More common among the people living in the southern states of America, poached potatoes would find favor with anyone who tries them. Read on for some easy tips so that you get them right the first time…
How to Poach Potato
- Scrub clean large potatoes. Wash them very well under running water.
- Place them on the cutting board and chop them into bite sized chunks.
- In a skillet, melt some butter and add the chopped potatoes.
- Fry until almost done. Season with salt, pepper and garlic cloves.
- Stir-fry over high heat and then add in the poaching liquid.
- White wine is the most preferred and used poaching liquid for potatoes.
- Once white wine has been added to submerge the potato chinks, cover with a fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to medium and let poach for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once the wine has been absorbed, garnish with chopped parsley and mint.
- Serve warm sprinkled with cheddar cheese.
5 Easy Tips to Poach Potatoes
- Make sure that the potatoes are cleaned well. If desired they can be peeled and chopped.
- Chop them into even sized pieces since this would facilitate even cooking.
- Once covered, the skillet with the white wine would emanate steam and hence a vent can be provided once during the poaching to let the liquid settle.
- Stir the potatoes in white wine during cooking to prevent them from getting burnt.
- Check if potato is done after 8 minutes; else poach for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Poach potato and enjoy this healthy southern breakfast with poached eggs and vegetables.