Cure Holiday Excesses With These Restorative Recipes
It is very natural to gain some extra pounds at the end of the holiday for excessive eating. However, you can cure holiday excesses with these restorative recipes. These restorative recipes will help you in curing holiday excesses by initiating more frequent metabolism process and burning of calories.
Recipe Tips To Cure Holiday Excesses
- Mushroom-Barley Soup – It is one of the healthy soups, and you can use beef stock or chicken stock to prepare the soup. Additionally, you get to enjoy the health benefits from mushrooms and barleys.
- Barley Salad – Add walnuts and parsley to make this salad a tastier and healthier choice. Barley is a good option in this regard. Enjoy as a meal or as a side dish, whichever you wish.
- Braised Kale – Kale is simple and healthy in contrast with any other food. Braise the kale with garlic, olive oil and chicken stock.
- Steamed Striped Bass - The striped bass is rich in lean-protein, and hence it is quite lighter than the other heavy choices. Flavor them with your choice of spices like ginger or lemon and enjoy the food value.
- Jicama Salad – Jicama is another choice for curing holiday excesses. Add the dressing of Macadamia nut is absolutely fabulous. The macadamia is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Strawberry Smoothie with Almond – This takes a longer time to digest and will stay for quite some time in your stomach and the smooth taste and flavor will cure the holiday excesses.
- Glazed Salmon – It is simple but savory. Glaze the salmon fillet with simple flavors like honey, lemon, mustard or ginger and cook them on pan.
- Pomegranate Juice with Mint – The pomegranate juice is a good source of antioxidants. When you add mint to this, it becomes completely refreshing to start a bright, sunny day.
- Red Lentil Burgers – If you feel like having a light burger, then go for these. The red lentils are good source of vitamin B, folate and fiber. Spice them up in Indian style and enjoy delicious burgers.
- Tofu Dumplings – Mix spinach and tofu together to prepare these dumplings. Both the ingredients are rich in helpful nutrients like vitamin C, essential minerals, beta-carotene etc.