Cabbage Broth Health Benefits
Cabbage broth is a staple in many homes of Eastern Europe. It was always perceived as a survival food because cabbages are very cheap and available year around. Cabbage is a very healthy vegetable and there are many cabbage broth recipes available on internet, which are healthy and offer low calories. In this blog, we bring you the cabbage broth health benefits.
Cabbage broth health benefits are enormous and this blog discusses most of these health benefits in detail.
- Helps in Liver Detoxification: Cabbage broth is a good source of Sulforaphane, which is known to aid in detoxification of enzymes and production of antioxidants. Sulforaphane produces glutathione, which is known to aid in detoxification of enzymes.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease: Cabbage broth prepared from red cabbage is good source of anthocyanin (red pigment) which is an antioxidant necessary for protection of brain cells.
- Lowers the Cholesterol: Cabbage broth is also enriched with fibers. The fibers in cabbage broth are known to bind the bile acids in digestive tract and lower the cholesterol.
- Aids in curbing severity of Cancer: Cabbage broth is enriched with sinigrin. Sinigrin aids in curbing the severity of cancer. The sinigrin is synthesized into AITC or allyl-isothiocyanate, which is known to aid in cancer protection. This compound is known to be effective in treating colon cancer, bladder cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Aids in Stabilizing Insulin Levels: Cabbage broth is a low–glycemic food and it helps to lower insulin and control the blood sugar levels. The insulin stabilization aids in weight loss too.
- Weight Loss: This is one of the well-known cabbage broth health benefits. Cabbage broth generates the feeling of satiety and helps you to stay fuller for a long time. Thus, cabbage broth serves as a good weight loss food.
- Helps to fight against infections and wounds: Cabbage broth is enriched with sulphur, which aids in fighting against wounds and infections.
- Detoxification: Cabbage broth is also a good blood detoxifier because it is enriched with vitamin C. It purifies blood and flushes out toxins from blood stream. The toxins like uric acid and free radicals lead to renal calculi, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, hardening of arthritis, skin diseases, and eczema.
- Loaded with Roughage: The cabbage broth is enriched with roughage, which helps to get rid of constipation. The deficiency of roughage is mostly neglected but it leads to some serious stomach related disorders like ulcers, intestinal cancer, indigestion, etc. The deficiency of roughage can also lead to appetite loss, eczema, skin diseases, and other related problems.
- Loaded with Glutamine: Cabbage broth comprises of glutamine, which boosts body’s ability to produce HGH (Human Growth Hormone). Glutamine is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, and it is known to boost immune system, and regularize intestinal health.
Cabbage Broth health benefits can be enjoyed by preparing cabbage broth in many ways. Please visit here to learn about various cabbage broth recipes and keep enjoying the cabbage broth health benefits.
Image courtesy: ww-recipes.net