Boiled Beef Health Benefits
While eating beef is often considered unhealthy, the boiled form beef is usully nutritious. Boiling this meat makes it more tender and does not necessitate the use of oil to cook. Hence, it is better than roasting it or stir frying with fat containing substances that make it a high calorie food. Keep reading to find out what nutrients a boiled beef has for you.
Process of Boiling Beef
You can boil the beef in a slow cooker or a regular pot on the stove. You need to cover it with a lot of water and cook it slowly in consistent low or medium heat. If you use too much heat, the beef will get tough. You can try this boiled beef recipe at home.
Health Benefits of Boiled Beef
Boiling is a healthier option of cooking beef. Roasting or stir frying beef, though popular, requires oil and high-fat substances for basting, which are not quite healthy. The beef essentially has the following nutrients in it:
- Protein – This is essential for your body organs to functional normally. Protein is needed for your bones, blood, and tissues to grow normally. Your hormones function because of protein. The beef is rich in protein and can supply this abundantly.
- Iron – This is needed to make red cells in your blood. These red cells help transport oxygen throughout your entire body. Hence, iron is an important nutrient which red meats like beef have.
- Niacin – Beef is a good source of niacin too. This vitamin helps convert your food into energy. It is essential for breaking down of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates and using them. It can also aid in keeping your skin healthy.
- Magnesium – There are several enzymes in your body, which are dependent on magnesium for functioning. This mineral also helps with energy production. Magnesium is also essential for using calcium and promotes healthy bones.
- Phosphorus – This is one of the important nutrients your body needs. Phosphorus maintains acid balance in your blood. It also helps store your energy and transport it. Some proteins require phosphorus in order to function properly.
- Potassium – Your muscles work with the help of this mineral. Potassium also helps regulate blood pressure in your body and can help people suffering from hypertension.
- Zinc – This stimulates appetite and increases your immune power. Thus, you are more resistant to infections that attack your body. Zinc is also needed for proper growth and development of children.
- Selenium – When cattle eat selenium-rich feeds, the selenium content in the meat also increases. Selenium is rich in antioxidants and can help lower the risk of cancer. Selenium is also important for your thyroid to function properly.
Boiled beef is indeed filled with nutrition. You can try making your favorite dish with this and supply yourself and your family with the esential nutrients.
Image Credit – allthingsaustria