Bitter Melon Health Benefits
Bitter melon health benefits are well known for ages in Asian countries and is widely in Indian recipes. Bitter melon fruits and seeds carry loads of nutrition. Recent study states that bitter melon has all the nutrients essential to human body. Here are some bitter melon health benefits and its nutritional values.
Bitter melon nutritional value:
Bitter melon has beta carotene, potassium, calcium, iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, B2 and B3 and it has zero percent cholesterol and fat.
- It is beneficial to treat skin infections such as skin sores and eczema, one of the very effective health benefits of bitter melon.
- Bitter melon is considered as a boon to diabetic patients, though they are only limited proof about it, people consume it to control blood sugar level.
- For people with jaundice, indigestion and piles, bitter melon acts as anthelmintic and purgative.
- It is also used for cancer prevention as it is believed to enhance the cell function in the body of the people who have diagnosed cancer.
- It is well known for its cleansing and detoxification properties.
- Bitter melon extract can be used to treat psoriasis. This one of the important health benefits of bitter melon.
Bitter melon pills are available at various health stores as an alternative medicine to several ailments. However it is not recommended for pregnant women . Though there are many bitter melon heath benefits, consume it moderately. Excess consumption may lead to diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Image credits: 3.bp.blogspot.com