Beauty Tips for Summer
The harsh rays of the scorching summer sun can ruin your skin, hair, etc. Hence, it is mandatory to resort to some natural beauty regimen to keep looking fresh and as gorgeous as ever even during summer. Here are some simple home tips that can be of help to keep the heat at bay…
Skin Care Tips Based on Skin Type
The first step in taking care of skin is to identify your skin type. Once this is done, it becomes easier to do the necessary to minimize effects of sun on skin.
- Oily Skin – Wash face frequently with a cleanser. Make sure to use a water-based cleanser to get rid of oil and dust effectively.
- Normal Skin –This type of skin needs to retain its moisture content. Drink plenty of water and fluids. Apply a light non-greasy moisturizer to maintain its supple texture. Facemask made of water and lemon can be very refreshing.
- Dry skin – Oil based cleanser would do well for dry skin. Dry skin should be kept well hydrated.
Eating Healthy During Summer
The sun brings with it plenty of fruits and vegetables and this is the best time to take advantage of the variety available and indulge. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and watch your skin, hair, and eyes glow. Fruits and vegetables provide the body with vital minerals and vitamins required for enhanced freshness in countenance and appearance. Along with food, do remember to drink about 8 glasses of water every day. This would keep you hydrated.
Keep Away from Sun
Do not venture out without a pair of coolers, a big umbrella, and sun hat. This would protect your face, eyes, and neck from the direct rays of the sun. Applying sunscreen is necessary whenever you go out. Avoid going out during peak hours when sun is the hottest and directly overhead. Early mornings and late evenings are the best times to go for a walk without harming yourself.
Easy Beauty Tips for the Hot Days
- Pimples – Apply a paste of Neem leaves to clear pimple marks. Keep your face free from excess oil.
- Hair Style – Keep your hair short in summer. Long hair can be tied in a ponytail or lodged high on the head in a bun. Do not forget to condition you hair after shampooing it.
- Make up – Light make up is all that is required during summer. A little kohl, lip-gloss, and maybe some mascara on the lashes for the evening.
- Eye care – Keep your eyes cool by keeping cold tea bags on them. Cucumber slices and chilled potato can also be used. Alternately, dip cotton wool in rose water and place on closed eyelids to maintain eye beauty.
Summer is the best time to enjoy outdoor activities. Do not let worries of tanning or skin damage keep you inside.
Image credit: todaystruffles.com/category/newest-news/