Be Cool & Healthy This Season...
You are what you eat. And in summer , no one really feels like gorging on hevy meals. Diet is based on several factors like age, gender, present weight, physical activity, occupation, family medical history.
- Eat meals regularly and don't skip any meal.
- Avoid fast foods that generally have low nutritional content and are high in empty calories.
- Add more green leafy vegetables, cereals and pulses to your diet.
- Balance intake of sugar and salt.
- Restrict intake of caffeinated beverages.
- Drink atleast 8-11 glasses of water and other fluids like fresh fruit and vegetable juices, soups.
- Exercise everyday. Yoga will be very helpful in summer. It is distressing and relaxing.
- Wear cotton garments.
- Soak feet in cold water at the end of the day to call and refresh them.
- Keep your body cool by spraying face with water or rosewater.
- Keep your head cool. Wear a hat or carry an umbrella.
- Wear good quality sun glasses.