10 Cocktails Favored By James Bond - The Spy Game Begins
You have the familiar music racing in the background with James Bond closing in on the ‘villain’ with uncanny precision…at the point of an every handy-pistol, which has set a precedent to many a style-statement. How did the super spy chill out? With the typical Martini Vodka “shaken not stirred”? True, but there are some more than 10 cocktails favored by James Bond.
Apart from the classic Vodka Martini, the fictional spy character who ripped the confines of a book to hit the silver screen with a blast, leaving a trail of fans and followers, James Bond had brought to the table a clinking of cocktails, the one with the typical ‘Bond’ signature.
Here is a list of 10 cocktails favored by James Bond
• Vesper Martini: With the “Casino Royale”, Vesper Martini enjoyed the sip of the detective/spy, who gave it the royal reception in the movie and the book as well. Vesper Martini is Bond’s “consort” in the one and only “Casino Royale”.
• The classic Vodka Martini : Bond’s favorite line “shaken not stirred”, when the cocktail is mixed with vodka or a champagne, that we ourselves find it compelled to use the familiar catchy line, while being served the Vodka Martini, topping the list of 10 cocktails favored by James Bond.
• Gin Martini : Though the silver screen hasn’t given the Bond patronage to Gin martini, the leaves of Ian Fleming’s writings do make a mention of gin martini refreshing the always-on-the-toes spy character, with the punch of the gin.
• Scotch and Soda : Which Englishman would do away with scotch even across rugged terrain or daunting frontiers? James bond, the conventionally English as he was, had found a compatriot in the scotch and sometimes even befriended the whisky, in the book version. A cocktail with ginger-ale, to warm up the beginnings of another journey for Bond!
• Vodka tonic : The vodka tonics made their debut as Bond’s co-adventurer in “Dr No.” , and “On her Majesty’s secret service”, the vodka base always preferred to the gin.
• Americano : Bond grew up with 007 series and so did his taste evolve for better drinks. First introduced in “From a view to kill” , James Bond found Americano a better way to pep up his cocktails, and this drink came into the 10 cocktails favored by James Bond.
• Stinger : If you were carried away by the “Diamonds are forever” story, then the Stinger would have definitely not failed to ‘glitter’ and catch your attention. Later in “Thunderball”, Stinger is paired with coffee to prove its versatility as a cocktail and as a dynamic “re-filler” for Bond.
• Mojito : Though Mojito was not adapted from the books, the drink’s popularity was befitting for the Cuban setting of the movie “Die another Day”. Thus Bond like his female compatriots, found another refreshment in the way of Mojito.
• Black Velvet : Mentioned only once in the “Diamonds are forever” novel, the champagne became an imprint with the Bond consecration. The cocktail is served with an entourage of sea food accompaniments in the movie.
• Negroni : Through the “007 series” , which ‘drink in’ to keep the star character bounding over the hills and across the seas, Negroni makes its appearance in the movie “Risicio “ along with other cocktails. Negroni is one of the star drinks, or one among the 10 cocktails favored by James Bond, because the shrewd spy takes a cue from the bar ,which serves Negroni to solve a nagging mystery.